Saturday, October 22, 2011

The Plan

"We can make plans, but the Lord determines our steps"
-Proverbs 16:9 (NLT)

Last night we broke ground on the land (pictures to come soon!) and as we were wrapping things up for the evening, P.C. asked me while we were in the bathroom brushing our teeth, "Are we sure we want to do this?" At the time I had a mouthful of toothpaste and couldn't really answer him too well except by mumbling a sudsy "mm-hmm", but it got me thinking about all of the times I've made plans in life and God has had a totally different agenda for me. When P.C. and I got married, I wanted a bigger house. Right then. No. Matter. What. I struggled internally with what others had, and envied their situation in life. It took a long time for me to understand that God has a specific rhythm for our life and if we get too focused on our plans, we miss his timing, and life can turn bitter very quickly. As one devotion I read put it, "we are not flowing in his rhythm when we figure we can help God birth his promises with our own reasoning."
So before I revealed the blueprints for the house, I wanted to share that even though P.C. and I have painstakingly measured out step by step what the next year will consist of, God is the ultimate conductor of our orchestra. He plays the music and we dance to it.

So lets tango! Here is the floor plan of the new house. 
The stairwell from the laundry room goes down into a walk-out basement that will eventually be a garage/bedroom/bathroom/living area. For now will be P.C.'s man cave, complete with a four-wheeler, a trike, a wave runner, and too many r.c. airplanes to count!

The front view:

Think sage green, not army green. P.C. isn't completely sold on the color yet, but I'm sure he'll come around eventually.

And finally the top view:
Enjoy! (I know I will)

1 comment:

  1. I am so happy for you both! Can't wait to live the process with you.

    ReplyDelete